Best Online Trading South Africa and Top Online Trading Platforms South Africa
Best Online Trading South Africa Sites and Best Online Stock Brokers for 2020
In South Africa
R 150010% Bonus or Get up to $1,000 bonus
In South Africa
In South Africa
What is online trading?
Online trading is basically buying and selling financial assets through an online trading platform. These online trading platforms are created by brokers for trading purposes. With the rise of technology, online trading has increased in the mid-90s because of high speed computers and internet connections.
Bonds, EFTs, currencies, shares, stocks and mutual funds can all be traded by traders online. Brokers provide a variety of assets such as shares, indices, Forex and commodities. Internet trading has gained so much support due to its services over the years.
Online Trading is one of the quickest way of making money in South Africa in front of your desk through your computer. Online Tradings offers the best trading guide in South Africa, whether you’re in Gauteng, North West, Limpopo or any other province you still trade online and invest your money in big companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft and many other big companies.
How does online trading work in South Africa?
Online trading allows SA traders to make deals on the financial market using a trading platform. A trader place trades through a broker. South African Brokers provide traders with a trading terminal, the trading software that traders use in order to trade. Online trading in South Africa works like this:
- A trader concludes that he wants to make a deal (for example, to buy 100 shares of Google)
- He uses his trading platform to find this asset (Google’s shares) and chooses the quantity (1 lot or 100 pieces) and places an order to purchase
- The broker will get a request from the trader and starts to execute the order. The trader needs to find a counterparty – another trader who is prepared to purchase the same asset for the same price.
- The broker searches for a counterparty on the stock exchange. When they have completed the search, the deal is made.
Today, the trading platform finds a counterparty and complete a deal within seconds or less. It performs all the work alone. The online trading process is automatic, that is why it does not take longer to make a deal. However, in the past, the trading process took longer through this chain “trader > broker > stock exchange> broker> trader”. In the past, trading was held in the exchange building in person or the trader would call his broker and to open the deal. The broker would in person search for a counterparty on the stock exchange.
Types of assets you can trade online
There are different types of asses that a trader can use in online trading. Some of these tradable assets are categorised as ‘classic’ while others emerged with the rise of internet trading. You can trade the below assets:
- Oil and Gas
Types of investments
Besides the above mentioned assets for online trading, we also have different types of investments. Below are the most common types of investments:
- Binary options
- Futures contract
- CFD (Contract For Difference)
Pros and cons of online trading
Online Trading is very interesting, below are the pros and cons of internet trading
Cons of online trading:
- Financial risks
Pros of online trading:
- You can start online trading with little capital
- You can trade anywhere using your mobile device
- Potentially unlimited income
- You can still have your 9-5 job
- You trade at your own time and hours
How to Succeed in Online Trading South Africa
If you have heard that online trading in South Africa can make you rich, you have not heard wrongly. You can make tons of money from online business if you know how to go about it. Just like forex trading, online trading is one of the most outstanding trading methods today available online and it has proved to be a lifesaver for money, helping South Africans to drop their 9 to 5 jobs and taking it as a full time business. This can also be your case if you know how online trading works.
Is Online Trading profitable?
Online trading is profitable and has proved to be one of the most outstanding online trading businesses you can take you and make some good cash. Online trading is one of the largest stock markets online today.
While trading online may be one of the most profitable online businesses, it is unfortunate that only about 5% of internet traders are making money from it consistently. The remaining 95% are either making an inconsistent profit or are making consistent losses. Several factors contribute to your ability to make a consistent profit from trading online.
How to Choose an Online Broker
Your choice of online trading broker can make a huge difference between a consistent profit and a consistent loss in Online Trading. Even if you have one of the best online trading strategies in the world, you may not make anything tangible from trading online if you pitch your tent with a rogue online broker. Some brokers are out there to reap you off and cause you serial losses some brokers are even scammers. The tips below can help you to avoid rogue brokers.
- Read online reviews: Many of the websites providing reviews about online brokers are merely affiliate marketing websites and they usually get commissions on every member that signs up and funds account through those links you find on the review site. So, be wary of where you read up reviews about these stock brokers. Before reading reviews about an online broker on any particular platform, find out if that platform is reputable or not.
- Check for complaints: What do their past and currently registered members have to say about the brokers? This is one of the features to determine how reliable or otherwise the broker is. If the reviews are bad, you need no other indication to tell you that the broker is a rogue and you must steer clear of such.
- Check for the ease of deposit and withdrawal: Before investing with a broker, you may want to find out if the broker offers numerous methods of deposit and if the amount deposited will appear on your trading platform instantly. Also, you want to find out about the ease of withdrawal and if they process the withdrawal very fast. Have any of their clients ever complained about the inability to withdraw? Had there been any complaint about money disappearing from trading accounts? Had there been any complaint about the refusal of the broker to pay? Had any of their clients ever complained about accounts being suspended or restricted for no meaningful reason? It is in your best interest to steer clear of the broker if you ever come by such complaints.
- What is the minimum deposit: Before you open a real trading account with any of the online brokers, find out about their minimum deposit. You should go for those that allow small minimum deposit as you can use this to test run their services without exposing yourself to too much risk.
- Do they permit demo trading: One other thing to consider before registering with a broker is the issue of demo account? Some online brokers do not support a practice account for registered members; some other brokers provide a practice account, but will not give you an access to same until you have deposited money into your real trading account with them. You are better off with those brokers that give you unhindered access to a practice account even before you open a real account.
Best Online Trading Platforms South Africa
In South Africa
R 150010% Bonus or Get up to $1,000 bonus
In South Africa
In South Africa
Our pick of reliable South African online trading brokers
We have carried out our own research and have come up with a list of verified, regulated online brokers where you can trade online in South Africa with complete peace of mind. Some of the best online stock brokers in South Africa include:
- CM Trading
- SAXO Bank
Common Online Broker Features
The online trading brokers listed above have certain common features, which are highlighted below:
- They all give a bonus to registered traders after their first deposit
- They permit trading in various currencies, like dollars and even rand
- They are all built on cutting-edge technology
- They provide consistent and reliable customer care service
- They give unfettered access to a demo account
- Deposit and withdrawal are processed fast and can be done via several means.
Benefits of Online Trading
- Trade in Dollars (USD)
- Trade in Rand (ZAR)
- No personal relationships with brokers
- Use cutting edge technology
- More control and flexibility
- Get all different kinds of graphs on Online Trading
- Trade from biggest companies in the world
- Access to online tools
- Get support from all our brands
- Get coupons and promotions
- Saves time
- Reduce costs for both discount brokers and investors
- Lower fees have made the capital markets accessible to anyone
- It improves the speed of transactions
- No paperwork needed for an order
- You receive confirmations from online trading South Africa brokers
- Is accessible anytime and anywhere
- We provide you with the best Online Trading Guide in South Africa
We have online brokers or traders waiting to help with everything you need to accomplish at any time of the details please leave us a message on the following page: Contact us. Get a free online academy without even paying a cent, we are here to empower South Africans with the best trading tools in the world without any doubt South Africa is one of wealthiest countries in the world. South Africa has individuals that have a lot of potential to improve their life’s with or without life obstacles but online trading is enriching South Africans each and every day.
About Online Trading Website
We have realized that online trading is one of the smartest way and fastest way of making money. We offer you the best online stock brokers in the market. You can invest without any geographic limitation all you need is a computer and money to sign up for your trading account. The best benefits that you get from our website www.onlinetradings.co.za is the fact that you get promotions and coupons from the best leading stock brokers or trading companies in South Africa. We have a team of reviewers that are always signing up to different online trading websites making sure that our customers get the coupons and promotions they deserve. We have a good background in the financial markets and have qualified traders reviewing the trading websites that we have listed on a table for you. We have been writing different reviews for all the stock trading brands on our website.
Online Tradings offers you with a list of the best online brokers in South Africa. Our team spent over 100 hours going through all the different brokers. web Hosting
Why Choose Online Trading South Africa
Online Trading South Africa gets our reviews with gold awards for their combination of low cost with very easy to use to platforms and educational tools and many more options to select from. The above listed online trading companies in South Africa offer a low cost of $5.00 for stocks and options. Our brands platforms are suitable for beginners and excellent traders with a lot of experience in the industry. Even if you’re a beginner in the world of online stock trading we have the simplest platform for you to use. For advanced traders like we said you find the best analytics tools to help you make the correct decision when investing your funds.
What is a stockbroker?
A stockbroker is a regulated broker, registered investment adviser or broker-dealer, who provides financial advice and investment management services and perform transactions such as the buying or selling stocks and other investments in the financial market. A stockbroker gets a commission or fee which could be based on a percentage of assets, a flat rate or hourly rate. To become a stockbroker you need to write a few regulatory exams to be qualify and be awarded with a certificate.
What is JSE Online Trading?
JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) is the oldest largest stock exchange company. The company is located at the corner of Maude street and Gwen lane in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa. The company had listed 472 listed companies and the market capital of of US$182.6 billion (€158 billion). The JSE provides a market securities can be traded freely with a regulated procedure.
How to trade shares
For example, Steven wants to buy 50 shares at Eskom, if he wants to buy them through a broker firm, he will call his broker with a buy order request. The broker will let Steven know the price in the market and confirm the purchase order.
If John, as an investor or trader wants to make a limited order, the broker will advise him on the limit price. He will also let him know how long Steven can keep the order open.
Your advisor will also confirm the commission costs for proceeding with the trade. When all necessary information is ticked on the checklist, your representative will put your order in the trade system. The trade system is linked to trading exchanges and floors such as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
After all is done, you will receive a confirmation by email or statements of account displaying your investments list if you opened multiple accounts. If you think you have made enough money and you want to transfer to your personal account, you can do so. You will transfer money from trading account to your bank account.
Investing in Online Trading
There are different types of investments. People choose certain investment plans based on their research or emotions. Some join investments through recommendations from friends or a family member. Whatever you decide to invest in, you need to be careful and make sure you’ve conducted a research.
Online Trading South Africa
Most people are always confused when they hear the following terms Trading Online, Online Trading. Let’s simplify the process for you Online Investing as we all know this process is also known as trading Online or Online Trading, this is when and individual investors and traders sell and buy securities over different electronic Networks. This process became a norm in the 1990s. These services are offered by brokers and the best cheapest online trading platforms in South Africa. We always make sure that our visitors get clarity about trading online or online trading.
Online Trading in South Africa Explained
To make trade, you as an online trader have to register an account with an online trading company in South Africa. You will login and follow instructions.
If you don’t want to approach a trading or an investment firm or broker, you can do so through the use of internet at the comfort of your own home. This method is called Do It Yourself, also known as DIY. Online trading tools serve as a venue with various tools for the traders and investors. As a trader, you have power over what you do. You can register an account and start trading immediately. You will be able to do the following through the dashboard:
- place buy and sell order
- place market
- check order status
- read news on trading companies
- View real time stock quotes and many more.
You will also be able to view your investment statements any time using the online system. Most trading firms are affiliated with banks and they make transactions easier for you. They link your bank account with their accounts.
Online Trading Security
Before you open an account with a trading company, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire to determine what kind of trading account will best suit your needs. If the trading company sees that you don’t have any knowledge about trading, they will open a simple cash account for you. This is to make sure that your money is safe and you get to understand various types of trading strategies and securities on the market. Your simple cash account will help you buy and sell stock, bonds, EFTs and mutual funds.
It is important to understand what you are getting yourself into before signing up with any online trading SA company. This will give you a peace of mind knowing you did your research and you are confident about your decision.
South African online trading
South African online trading serves as an affiliate providing online trading clients with the best online trading companies in South Africa. All our trading partners provide clients with tailor-made trading solutions online. You don’t need to be a professional or an expert in the online stock market. With South African online trading, you can choose any company and start trading right away using Expert Advisor. There are available floating spread options and entrust your trading to experts with many automatic trading solutions. We are committed to making all our trading solutions by providing you with partners that offer the best EFT trading experience, Forex and CFDs. It’s all possible with real expert tools like Expert Advisor. Our affiliate trading site allows all traders to trade with confidence by ensuring high standards of fund security through separate accounts at big international banks.
What is the best online trading?
The best online trading in South Africa. We offer the best trading companies in South Africa for 2020. There are companies like FNB, ABSA and the JSE market in Sandton in the heart of Johannesburg. Online trading has grown exponentially in South Africa and we have people making a leaving from trading online in the South African region. We have brokers, but we expose you to the best websites in South Africa where you don’t even need brokers to help you with your trade. Become the best trader by following our instructions on our website. Traders today only make their trades online in South Africa.
What is Forex?
Forex is simply known a profitable foreign exchange trade. For example, you want to go to go to America and you exchange R10 000 into Dollars. Before you could fly to America, your trip gets cancelled and you decide to change to Rands. Surprisingly, you end up making a profit of R500 (R10 500) if the value of Rand went up against the value of Dollars.The concept of Buying and selling foreign currencies according the current exchange rates. The foreign exchange market is one of the most unpredictable markets across the globe. All transactions are done online in real time. It is advisable for one to require the necessary skills so that they can become a great online trader. There are many foreign exchange platforms that one needs to familiarize themselves with. Forex is also very challenging for some experienced forex traders and forex bankers. If you are interested in forex , you must therefore study and analyse some aspects before going forward with a trade. You start trading currency like EUR/USD. Most of our forex companies offer cfds, pips, pairs companies like Avatrade have all this requirements.
Today, you don’t need to go to post office or the bank to trade. You can simply trade online using your smartphone or desktop at the comfort of your own home. As mentioned above, you can trade Forex which features products such as currencies, indices and commodities.
In the past, only major banks and traders were permitted to trade currencies, however, today we see a lot of people becoming forex traders. This has led to the rise of the liquidity of the foreign exchange market and the number of speculators, people, brokers and traders active in the market.
An online trader must bear in mind that foreign trade is a matter of time. Traders who understand the market well perform better in the market, but some people end up making losses. However, the interesting thing is that there are no time borders or regions in the market. Trading starts early in Sydney every morning and passes Europe and Asia get to the United States. That’s the reason they say the Forex market never sleeps. There’s always a company or someone trading in foreign currency in one market or another all the time.
All these markets work in a transparent way. There is no central place from which foreign exchange is traded. The main centers are London, New York and Tokyo. In fact, during part of the day, that is starting from 1PM GMT (3PM in South Africa) to 4PM GMT (6PM South African time) which is best foreign exchange hours for many. During these trading hours, traders are agitated because this is the time when the functioning of the American and European markets overlap. Currency volumes that are trading during this moment are rising gruffly, as is the number of trades.
Forex traders rely on several factors to carry out their transactions. The most experienced traders follow their instincts based on years of trading experience in the Forex market. Less experienced people use software to track the evolution of the FX market. Online traders who are not technology savvy buy trading signals from forex research companies that give them best foreign exchange platform. They also use brokers to guide them in their day-to-day transactions.
What is Forex Trading?
Forex trading basically means you buy high value products online using our stock brokers platforms and you sell them when their worth more money than the price that you bought them for. Currency or Forex trading is a decentralized global market where all the currencies of the trading world trade online. The forex market is the largest and most liquid market in the world with an average daily trading volume greater than $5.3 trillion.
“Forex” means FX Exchange, and refers to buying or selling one currency and another. Its market is the largest in the world because people, businesses and countries all participate. In the Forex market, currencies are always traded in pairs. When you exchange US dollars for Rands, Pounds or Euros, there are two currencies involved. For each currency transaction, you must exchange one currency for another. That’s why the Forex market uses currency pairs, so you can see the cost of one currency relative to the other. The USD/ZAR price, for example, lets you know how many US dollars (USD) it takes to buy one rand (ZAR).
What are benefits of Forex trading?
- Trade at your own time
- Trade from your own home
- Make too much money in a few months
- Trade with Oil and petroleum and the expensive resource in the world
- Trade from all the currencies, Dollar, Rand, Yen and Euro
Forex trading online strategy to reduce losses and increase profits
To succeed in forex trading, online traders need a smart online trading strategy or have trades basics. Individuals who enter the market hoping to make quick cash will always burn their fingers. The same goes for Forex traders who trade without a clear strategy in mind. They exist either in the margin or in frequent loss. That is why it is advisable to learn about forex for beginners or attend trading online courses so that you will have a basic understanding.
Decide on what you want to be
All traders have different strategies. A day-light trader is more worried about the daily fluctuations of the FX than a long-term trader. Therefore, the first thing a trader has to make a decision on what type of trader he/she is, or desires to be, and then plan the trading strategy. Some people join foreign exchange forum where they discuss foreign exchange information or request trading demo so that they can better their trading skills.
Clear goal to limit losses
A goal should be to minimize losses for every trader. It is also an essential part of any business strategy and must be followed thoroughly. A day trader may place smaller stops while swing traders may adopt less restrictive stops. Such a strategy helps traders reduce their losses drastically.
Forex trading transactions
It is also a good idea to plan the size of transactions so that multiple transactions can be made on a given trading day instead of placing all bets on a single transaction. Such a strategy reduces the risk of loss and brings more discipline in trading. Since the market does not always provide good trading opportunities, traders should follow their trading strategies in a well-organized manner. There’s no point in losing money by making bad decisions.
Online Forex trading as business
Best traders are the ones who take forex trading as a business. They dedicate time and effort to acquiring information into how the forex markets work, the parameters that affect FX, and the software and services they need to keep up with market movements. They also keep record of what other forex traders are doing in the market. Such a strategy provides them with helpful insights and enables them to better plan their business.
Helpful tips for beginners on Forex trading
Before we get into it, it should be noted that Forex trading entails a quite high risk of loss.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Be aware of the trading hours of the global banks.
- Be up to date of global Business current events, which could affect the currency.
- Ease yourself into it, as you get prepared by doing your homework first.
- You should also consider the kind of tools, to make sure that it will be effective to your strategic plan.
Learn the basics:
- It might be tempting to dive right into it once the account is created, I would recommend that you Start off with a demo account, it will allow you to find a technique that works for you.
Do not get overwhelmed:
- It might feel like information overload as a beginner, but I can assure you it’s quite normal. Another option would be getting a mentor, someone who can show you the ropes. You can also start off on a clean slate until you’re confident enough.
- Part of this is knowing when to accept your losses and move on.
- Have a plan in place. learn from both losses and successes in forex trading.
- Be realistic, there are no shortcuts. Don’t think that you can quit your job and work from some tropical island. Don’t get me wrong, you can make a lot of money. It’s not easy at least not mentally.
- This is the point where you’re confident to start trading with real money at stake, as I’ve mentioned before don’t get emotional. The Trading journey is not for the faint-hearted. Chances are you’ll encounter A LOT of “mental traps”, now and then self-sabotage errors. Do what you understand. don’t trade based on rumours. Don’t invest in bulk when you start off. This is something to keep at the back of your mind, so you are well prepared when it’s tax time
Choosing a Broker:
- Find a reliable broker that suits your trading strategy.
- Something else to consider, you can also socialise with other traders like yourself on apps such as “eToro”. it’s reliable, with more than 6 million users worldwide. It’s simple for both beginners and experts.
Metatrader for Mobile
The best Online trading platforms South Africa for mobile trading, this one of the best online trading software in South Africa with all the charts for iPhone, Android and many more platforms.
Options trading refers to the engagement of stock exchanges through forex funds, or a compilation of various stocks into one bundle. In South Africa, online option trading is the most economically viable way to trade the forex, often done through binary options trading. Utilizing websites such as https://www.onlinetradings.co.za, traders in South Africa can access their various binary options and conduct their bets with relative ease.
FAQs about Forex and Online Trading
How do I start Online Trading in South Africa?
All you have to do is to create or register an account with a stock broker. After registering your details, you will be able to start buying and selling currencies. Creating an online trading account usually takes about five minutes.
Who owns Forex and where is it located?
Forex is not owned by anyone. Forex is an interbank market. This simply means transactions are performed between two parties which are the seller and buyer. Forex will always be there, as long as the current banking system exists. Also, FX is not located in a specific country; it’s just something that exists around the world.
What are the Forex market working hours?
Forex trading market is open from 22:00 GMT Sunday (opening of Australia trading session) till 22:00 GMT Friday (closing of USA trading session).
What is margin on Forex trading?
Money you have in your banker account is called Margin. The margin helps you to secure your open position. To keep your position open, different brokers demand certain amount of margin from you as a trader.
What are the “short” and “long” positions?
Short position – is a selling position. This means that the position would be in profit if the price decreases, while Long position – means a buying position. This position would be in profit if the price increases.
What is the best online trading strategy?
There are few online trading strategies that some people use to limit the losses and increase the profit. However, you must come up with your own trading online strategy if you want to make profit. Specific strategy can be good for a specific time and for a certain currency.
How much money can I start online trading with?
Well, some FX brokers require you to have at least $1 but usually, the minimum amount different from $50 to $200 000 and more.
Do I install online trading software on my computer?
If you don’t want to install software is also fine. You can just trade using a web-based trading platform. You can login into your account and start trading. However, some people prefer to install a trading software on their computer and start trading.
Which online trading South Africa brokers have web-based trading alternative?
Brokers that have web-based trading options include Easy Forex, eToro, Oanda, and Interactive Brokers just to name a few.
Can I lose more than I invest in Forex?
Usually you can’t lose. The broker will never let you lose more than funds available on your trading account. When the balance approaches zero (0), the broker will close your losing position. The loss that is large than the trader’s deposit is a straight loss of the Forex broker. The broker must prevent such loss.